"i don't want to lose myself. it's a whisper, it's a funny thing. we fold like icicles on paper shelves. it's a pity to appear this way"

7/18/11

quote

I love finding good quotes. I used to collect them, but I have always had this one favorite:

"GREAT MINDS DISCUSS IDEAS
AVERAGE MINDS DISCUSS THINGS,
SMALL MINDS DISCUSS PEOPLE."

Whenever I read this quote I think about how true it is. And isn't it sad when all we do is talk about other people? I think everyone is guilty of it but it would be so neat if we all discussed the things we believed in or hoped for instead of "did you hear this and that about so and so?" I dunno- I think it'd be awesome. You'd probably get to know a person a lot better too. I guess this quote just really makes me not want to gossip. I'd rather not think of myself as small-minded :)

No comments:

Post a Comment