"i don't want to lose myself. it's a whisper, it's a funny thing. we fold like icicles on paper shelves. it's a pity to appear this way"

7/28/11

Saturday, December 20, 2003 4:33 pm

Someday,  I'll  know  why  I  wasn't  meant  
                       for you
I don't understand now and there's nothing 
                    I   can   do
I  wanted  you  with  all  my  heart
you realized that and tore it apart
         now  I have  to go along
         pretending nothing's wrong 
                          I'm   alright,   I'm   okay
                          just don't look at me that way 
you've  done enough  damage, you've done 
                      enough harm
    yes,  doing  it  all  with  your  wonderful
                          charm
Tell me you're sorry  ---  say that you care
This isn't a game -- why can't you play fair?
I'm sorry for  hoping  and  wishing  for you
I'm sorry  for  all the  sleepless nights  that
                          I  knew 
I just wanted acceptance, approval, and all
But I messed up, tripped- I'm slipping, might
                             fall
          Always just wanted you to see
              There's more to this silly,
                  dumb girl inside me 

{it's funny how this one is about a guy i hardly knew. i seriously knew nothing of heartache then, but at the time i felt so rejected. reading it makes me think it'd fit almost any other guy better ha ha i guess it's true how they say you never forget your first crush... although, technically, my first crush was david menlove in kindergarten he he he i guess this was my first crush that i was actually old enough to date. whoa, i just realized besides one phone conversation in which he informed me that he didn't want to go to girl's pref with me - i have never talked to him. ever. wow}

No comments:

Post a Comment