"i don't want to lose myself. it's a whisper, it's a funny thing. we fold like icicles on paper shelves. it's a pity to appear this way"

8/9/11

favorites

About a week ago I asked Nate if he knew what my favorite things were. His response: "Hmmm... reading, sleeping, eating?" Ha ha I was like, "Well- yeah... but I mean things- like items."  He said, "Oh, that's hard- you're not very materialistic." (which is true) We then both threw out a few things that could possibly count. It's funny cuz ever since then I've been thinking...."What ARE my most favorite things?" This is what I decided on:

NATE
[of course :)] I love pretty much everything about him and anything that includes him (kissing, snuggling, just hanging out, etc . . .)

GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICHES 
total comfort food mmm . . .

LONG SOCKS
i hate short socks- they have to go like clear up to my knees ha ha or else they just drive me crazy

THE TEMPLE 
so amazing. the end

JUICY FRUIT 
not the gum ha ha but like actual fruit that is juicy. i crave it all the time!

BOOKS 
i'm not picky. i love to read- it's like escaping into a different world

MY BLANKY 
:) i'm trying not to think of when i won't be able to sleep with it anymore ha ha i know i'm such a baby

EASTER DRESSES
ok, so i love dresses in general BUT there is just something special about getting a pretty spring dress around Easter time

RED LIPSTICK 
i think personality wise i'm not a really BOLD person. i don't take a lot of risks so it's kinda fun to wear bold makeup- i mean really- what are you risking? you can wash it off at the end of the day

MY SCRIPTURES
i love that i have my own and can mark them up and write little notes and things in them. reading someone elses' scriptures just wouldn't be the same.

SWIMSUITS
ha i think i have at least 8 different ones . . . nate has one. they are so fun tho

FIREWORKS
just so pretty and magical- they take my breath away

MUSIC
i LOVE music! it can be so uplifting and just make me feel good all over

CURLY HAIR
curls can be kinda flirty or more formal, they can be just fun or super glam and feminine. and there are so many different styles you can do with them.  i love that my hair holds curl so well. i think it looks better curly vs. straight. i also love that i've got such an awesome curling iron :)

OLD MUSICALS
they are just feel good movies

There are other things that are my favorite but I can't really say why. Maybe it's just apart of who I am. Like wearing an apron when I cook or wearing my rain boots in the rain, doing a friend's hair or counting my tips at the end of the day, Sunday mornings, wearing Nate's clothes, singing in the shower, spending time with family, setting goals, writing Nate little love notes, driving with the windows down and the music up, catching up with a friend, learning something new . . . I know there's probably more but I think that mostly covers it :)


1 comment: