"i don't want to lose myself. it's a whisper, it's a funny thing. we fold like icicles on paper shelves. it's a pity to appear this way"

8/24/11

sometimes i'm a little clingy :)

{this morning i had such a hard time letting nate leave for work and at 5:20 am being 1/2 asleep i think it seemed like the worst possible thing. anyways, after he left i couldn't go back to sleep . . . i was thinking about him and hurried and jotted this poem down. after that i was out - almost slept thru all 3 of my alarms ha ha}

when you look at me, i feel like you can see inside 
and i know it'd be so foolish for me to try to hide 
but i like it- yes, i do . . .  
i'm not ever getting over you 
you hold me long, you kiss me sweet 
and somehow all my fears you defeat 
and when you make me smile- 
it's like the world's on pause for a little while 
let's just stay in this place 
you know i love your handsome face 
isn't it neat? isn't grand- 
that i will always get to hold your hand? 
can't believe your all mine 
and life is sweet and so splendidly fine. 
i've decided i truly lucked out, 
cuz you make me so happy and that's what love's about :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment