"i don't want to lose myself. it's a whisper, it's a funny thing. we fold like icicles on paper shelves. it's a pity to appear this way"

8/1/11

thoughts of you

doubt flashes over hills of inconspicuous realizations 
sharp and stinging 
like the lightning that electrocutes my soul 
leaving me numb and tingly 
every time i close my eyes and see your face. 
it takes me back to another time 
when the air was thick with golden sun rays 
and my head was filled with you, 
when the world glowed with unnaturally vibrant hues
and the only thing 
worth reaching out to was your sweet embrace 
suffocating me with warmth and often unruly passion 
intoxicatingly frivolous
i was then, blinded by that light that shone 
from the depths of your eyes 
like the moon resurfacing a lake after hiding 
in the menacing clouds. 
your voice rings in my ears, but not the way it should 
it's angry, upset 
i overcorrect- losing balance once again 
my thoughts wander aimlessly
like they're lost in a dark forest unable to decide which path to choose 
for each pricks me with a sense of fear. 
lack of bravery and undeveloped determination 
play key 
in my melancholy melodic symphony. 
the soft tune pounds in my veins throughout the entirety of my existence 
making it impossible to sleep 
without dreaming of the if's and then's that engulf my thoughts 
holding me prisoner in myself. 
escaping excluded from the options i weigh 
i'm forced to live with me
...and thoughts of you from day to ever ending day.


No comments:

Post a Comment