"i don't want to lose myself. it's a whisper, it's a funny thing. we fold like icicles on paper shelves. it's a pity to appear this way"

8/3/11

love songs

so i dunno why but the other day i was thinking about how a lot of love songs i like are actually off of movies and then i was trying to decide what would be my 
TOP 10 FAVORITE ROMANTIC SONGS 
FROM MOVIES
it was so hard to decide ha ha but here they are:

1) "Once Upon a Dream" from Sleeping Beauty
2) "So This is Love" from Cinderella

i had to put those two songs first because they are the ones i find humming to myself when i am in a really good mood :) it's funny cuz i'll start humming the one and then without even knownig i'm humming the other.

3) "If I Loved You" from Carousel

this is my all time favorite movie! i love all the songs in this movie and i always always cry in it.

4) "Moon River" from Breakfast at Tiffany's

ok, so maybe this is not technically a love song but i still love it, so i say it counts :)

5) "I'll Be Seeing You" from the Notebook
6) "Brighter Than Sunshine" from A Lot Like Love
7) "Tammy" from Tammy and the Bachelor

i watched this movie with my parents when i was engaged and after that i'd sing this song all the time- except singing, "tasha, tasha, tasha's in love" instead of tammy. ha ha i know, i'm so cheesy, huh?

8) "On My Own" from the play Les Miserables

when i was younger i was obsessed with this play {still think it'd be a dream come true to see it live} and we had the cd. i used to play this song on repeat, it's kinda sad but it is so good! i love it.

9) "Honeymoon" from I Wonder Who's Kissing Her Now

so, if you haven't noticed i love old musicals. this one is really old (still in color tho-1947) and i have yet to find someone else who's actually seen it. it's such a cute movie. on our way back from our honeymoon i had this song stuck in my head. 


10) "You Were Meant For Me" from Singing in the Rain

there you have it!
it really was so hard to decide the order 
and there are a few songs that didn't make the list but came so close:

"I Could've Danced All Night" from My Fair Lady
"When the Children are Asleep" from Carousel
"Come What May" from Moulin Rouge
"Tonight" from West Side Story

1 comment:

  1. Ahh! SO MANY GOOD ONES! 4, 5, 6, 8... a few at the end... love it! And I agree -- I love musicals! They're so fun to get into. You'll definitely have to see Les Miserables sometime -- it's incredible! I can't wait to see it again!

    ReplyDelete